Dear Roebuck Kids,
A good way to start out writing something that is difficult to write is by stating something that is pretty obvious. Something like: I’m a grown up and you’re a kid. You are probably feeling really sorry for me or are about to roll your eyes, but the not so obvious part comes next. Just because I’m a grown up and you’re a kid doesn’t mean I shouldn’t learn from you. When I have to do grown up things I need to think about you and how you would probably respond. I should respond with faith in God just like you would when he has something for me to do or when things get tough.
Part of being a kid is listening to and following directions. What might not be so obvious to you is that part of being a grown up is listening to and following directions as well. We're really not that different. The only way to know God’s plan for my life is to listen to him and follow his direction. God’s plan for my life for nearly four years has been to be part of your lives at Roebuck Baptist. God is so wise. I’ve learned so much while teaching you about his Word and his love for the world. I am so grateful that I got to sing songs to Him with you, and that I got to watch you grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
Last Sunday I was not able to be with you at RBC because I was seeking what God’s plan for my life is next. Listening can be hard, as you know, but when we do what God says he does amazing things. So that is what I’m going to do. I will be moving to Hattiesburg, MS on December 1st, and my last Sunday to worship with you will be November 17th. I will be directing Hardy St. Baptist Church’s Weekday Preschool and taking care of their Sunday and Wednesday Preschool Ministry. I’m so excited for this new opportunity.
Roebuck grown-ups, thank you for serving with me, for loving me, for your friendship, patience and prayers. Those are all things that I will most definitely continue to express toward you. I will not say the words “good-bye” because I plan on coming back to worship with you again. I’m so thankful for my journey and that God has kept his Word toward me: that He will continue to be with me wherever I go.
Love,
Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment